Monday, January 28, 2008

Happy Bday Mom!!!

Every near perfect day has to start somewhere. Saturday was that day, and coincidentally my mom's bday, and the beginning of it gets a post dedicated to it that will come soon. After that magic I went to go see Blue Rodeo at the MTS Center. I love this band, so get used to it and enjoy it. They started off playin acoustic and the drummer stood using only a snare and brushes. A nice touch for a big venue. It worked well. Here they are, Jim and Greg.
A little close up action of Greg Keelor.
The set opened up and they pulled out the electric guitars and the full drum kit.
They played basically all the classics and just a good assortment of songs. Well worth my time. They also graced me with my new favorite song Mystic River and for that I thank them...except for when Jim messed up the first chorus...but what can you do?
Jim Cuddy can still rock.
TOBIAS!
TOBIAS!
Just a point, the fact that Jim is still down after all these years...amazing.
When that show was done it was home time and chill out for a bit before the real party started. Rolled up to the pyramid at 1 to see no line up and found out it was bday central up in there. Happy bday girl!
A couple of bday babes You know the night is going well when you're greeted like this. BEEPS!!!!
YEEAAAHH!!Yeah it was a 90's party.
What's up Smitty?
There was some total random dancin her ass off by herself on the stairs...Mel and her friend Julianne (I think) joined her...
Allie and Tyson took over... Then Allie moved over to Nate's robodanceparty.
The new dance crew then busted out their classic.
Oh it was sweet.
Stick up kid.
The random dude that decided to chill by the stairs before he was showered with broken glass by Vandal...then he asked him for a pen.I'm having a little trouble seeing...
What is that?
STOMP THAT SHIT!!!
"what the fuck are you doing, don't smash bottles in here!"..."I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!" That was basically the end of the night. Great music, great friends. The perfect end to a perfect day. Stay tuned. xB

1 comment:

lionamelie said...

hey, where are the pictures of you and I?