Friday, December 17, 2010

A Rememberance of Warmer Times

Now, I will start off by saying that this post isn't a cry for summer or me longing for the warmth of summer. I, in fact, love winter and everything that comes with it. It can provide a great mood and allow you to be very productive depending on how you work. This is more of a make up post since I didn't get around to it when it actually happened. I had an idea at the time that smoky tofu in nachos would be a good idea. I then set about making a dry rub and working it into some tofu and letting it marinate for a while. It has been a while so I am having a hard time remembering what was all in the rub, but I'm sure it was a basic one containing ground black pepper, kosher salt, paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano and brown sugar. I fired up the Weber and got some wood chips smoking and then laid the tofu to rest for about 4-6 hours. Here is what it looked like just under an hour into the process.The finished product containing the chopped up smoked tofu, two kinds of tortilla chips, fresh onions, peppers, tomatoes, cheddar and mozza Daiya.A crying shame that I didn't take advantage of the smoking capabilities of the BBQ more this summer. At least now it isn't quite as long until the next time I can pull the BBQ/smoker out.

No comments: