Monday, December 13, 2010

K, Love.

This last week/weekend included a little Minneapolis getaway. The trip started with an early morning departure and testing the new whip out on its first road trip. It did us well and got us to MPLS in comfort. A Twolves game against the Oklahoma City Thunder was what spurred this trip and coincidentally it was the first thing that happened on said trip. I'm passing the picture duties off for the basketball game to Rob Tibbs, so enjoy this pics and head over to his blog for more coverage of the experience of sitting 2nd row behind the visitor's bench. One of my new favorite players to watch, Kevin Love.
My first overall fantasy basketball pick and one of the best players in the league currently, Kevin Durant. Unreal player to watch do his thing this close and just gives you an even greater appreciation for the dude's skill.
The man who gets more than his fair share of assists from KD's greatness, Russell Westbrook. Oddly enough, he also happens to be on my fantasy basketball team. Enough talk of that kinda nonsense for now though.
After that it was a fairly relaxing trip with not many pictures taken. Only picture regret is missing getting Rob's straight shave in action but I'm sure there will be another chance for that. The USA always surprises me with a new treat and this time it took one of my favorite flavor combinations and put it into a delicious soy based beverage. I need this to be available near me and always.
The trip was cut short and Doomtree in their hometown was missed when a few friends advised that a snow storm was on its way into the Twin Cities. We did a little research on the forecast and highway conditions and the Friday night overnight drive was put into effect with a 10pm departure. I'll let the metrodome do the talking as to why I am quite pleased with the decision we made to leave when we did.

No comments: