Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And So It Begins (Mixtapes)

I made a promise to get my best of 2010 record list(s) up earlier this year. My hands are kind of tied at the moment as I'm sans computer and thus can't analyze the records of last year. What I do know for sure is that these two mixtapes were the best that dropped last year. There is only gonna be a #1 spot and there are two occupants of said spot. First off is Odd Future and I got introduced to them by a few blogs and I haven't been able to stop listening to them ever since. Young kids doing something new and being relatively ignorant while doing it. All of their other projects have had my interest peaked in the same fashion. When they drop an actual record it is gonna be game over.Next up is J. Cole. I slept on his first mixtape and still have yet to listen to that record. From the first spin of this tape I was hooked, great beats and a chill flow did it. Dude seems a little more real life and relatable so that helps as well. There is a good chance that will change soon as he's fittin to blow up. I don't doubt that his actual debut is going to be mindblowing if this tape is a forecast.The rest of the lists will soon follow as the computer situation is on the mend.

No comments: