Friday, January 14, 2011

$5 Lunch

It is pretty rare to get a combination of a cheap and delicious lunch sometimes. I have cracked the code to this particular safe at a hole in the wall joint nestled in the corner of a shit strip mall with nothing else good around it. Luckily they had signs by the road or else I never would have dreamed of investigating this particular location. What I'm talking about here is Desi Pizza & Sweets and it just happens to be one of my favorite lunch spots now. I get the same thing every time I go and it's under $5 with tax. Can you go wrong with that? Nope! My meal of choice is the 2 samosas with chickpea curry and I included it in a beautiful take out container for your viewing pleasure.
I am completely convinced they have some sort of magical spice that both fills you up and makes you crave the food at Desi. It doesn't look like a huge meal but it is always more than enough for me. The fresh veggies and tamarind on this concoction make it damn near perfect and the spice it has rounds it off quite nicely. If you happen to be in the mood to spend a touch more than the aforementioned $5, you could grab a can of Dr. Pepper to go with your meal. The research on this combination of products have deemed it to be the dynamic duo with a 100% success rate upon replication. Enough rambling though, I think the Desi sweats are talking...

No comments: