Sunday, July 25, 2010

Burger Baron

Well it just happens to be that time of year again. TIFS is now officially 3 years old! Thanks for checkin this shit out! I'll mark this occasion with some pics of a new restaurant in the city, that I have been sleeping on actually taking pics of since I have eaten there a few times already. Boon Burger is a vegetarian burger cafe where everything can be made vegan. A nice concept if I do say so. I haven't gotten around to trying all the burgers yet but my latest selection turned out to be my favorite. The Thanksgiving burger is a breaded "turkey" patty with mayo, cranberry sauce, crispy onions, maple glazed yams, gravy and lettuce. The taste was unreal, but it fell apart like nobody's business. My only problem here is the squishiness of the patties and how they fall apart in your hands often enough. Luckily the taste made up for it on this glorious celebratory occasion.
Why not split some poutine, which is always vegan, that tastes great with daiya cheese? Plus oven baked fries to cut down on the deep friedness? Yeah, I can live with that. Takes a touch of guilt out of the guilty pleasure.
I gotta thank Puddy for this meal that you just looked at. Alright, another year done, thanks again, and back to livin.

1 comment:

Pancakes and Skateboards said...

Yeah...fall apart burgers...woo hoo! Kidding. HAPPY B-Day!!!