Monday, August 4, 2008

Please Understand, This Isn't Just Goodbye

It's just my last week of lunches before I have to go back to work. There would have been more but sometimes people sleep in and ghost on you! ha. The first in this series is the Captain's Pizza at The Albert. It has glorious stuff like caramelized onions, artichoke hearts, veggie chicken, pesto and vegan cheese on it. Well done Soupy. It kinda bums me out that I will in no way shape or form be able to hit this place for lunch for the next 8-10 months.
Rich did not think one was enough for him. It's pretty obvious that Tracy and I helped him finish it.
Next up is a nice day for Pyramid Falafel.
The usual suspects, not shown, were down for this glory. Fatty and Soupy eating in The Albert dining room on out of house specials! ha. Well here it is yet again, the best falafel in the world.
The veggie samosa is nothing to scoff at either. A nice change from the east indian one I'm so used to.
Last and certainly the farthest from least as humanly possible is the DV lunch special. They were closed for basically the whole month of July which put a pretty big damper on my ability to take advantage of my summer lunches. The best hot and sour soup, ever. Lunch is the time to get it. Always bang on.
I lucked out since it was my favorite lunch special on this day. Deep fried tofu w/ hot tomato. Not on the menu at dinnertime but I'm sure if you ask nicely they'll make it happen for you. I like it so much that it got two pics. BOOM.
That's the end of lunches for a long while. It was a nice way to put my summer holidays in the grave.

1 comment:

Chris Eff said...

i'm throwing you up in my links.